Wednesday 21 November 2018

Mood Board

Moodboard for Music


I had to create a mood board based on what I think music is using my own style and ideas. By definition, a ''mood board is an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept.''


The positive aspect of a mood board is that people can discuss what others like as well as dislike about a project. It brings argumentative opinions and also helps to create new ideas. Furthermore, it helps to explain thoughts. In relation to music, it is useful because people can see what the topic means to others and therefore, the importance of the topic itself.

My Plan

In my mood board, I am planning to include different genres and artists of music mainly consisting of Hip Hop, Rock and R&B because these two genres interest me the most. For each genre, I am focusing on including the most iconic, talented and memorable artists from different decades to show the evolution of music and how each of these artists has impacted the future.

The types of artists I am planning to include are Freddy Mercury, Bob Marley, Elvis, Snoop Dogg, Eminem and a wide selection of modern rappers such as Lil Pump, Tyler the Creator, Drake, and Migos.

In order to make my mood board, I will need a plain piece of paper, photographs of artists from the internet and a few colored pencils. First, I will print out each of my artists and then cut them out. Then I will set up the camera and I will record as I stick each of the printed photographs on the plain piece of paper and draw around it. This video is likely to write long so I will speed it up in Adobe Premiere Pro and put an R&B song in the background because they usually have uplifting effects. The video is going to be shot in black & white although the images will be colored ones. Finally, at the end of the video, I'm planning to pour a glass of water on the paper with the images stuck onto it, and I will be changing the color of the images in  Premiere from black & white to their original version as if water would give music a deeper and more influential meaning. In this case, water represents the flow of music and how important it is for some songs to have a good flow. Especially rap music, it has been more well-known for imitating different types of flow.


Final Outcome




Opinion

After I've finished the mood board, I came to see the main problems I had to face with which included the lighting composition and mostly the making sure that the background was the right color. For example, Whenever I placed my hands in front of the camera, the contrast has changed making the background look a bit blurry.

Finally, in order to have an overall positive effect, I used Adobe Premiere to speed up the clip and make it look more engaging as well as I added some filters from the colors section to brighten the screen. Otherwise, the clip would've been way to slow and long to be appropriate.

The reason I decided not to use my original idea of pouring the water on the paper while adding the color to the image is because I figured that it's not possible to make it look realistic as well as individual at the same time. When I tested the idea for the first time, I knew it was not going to work because I could only add the color to it once the water was all over the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video checklist

Music Video Coursework Task Duration of music video – 3 minutes Sony Music – Give an explanation of who they are o     Pitch...